In these conditions, ORCHARD INTERIORS LTD is referred to as “the Company” and the person(s) signing the contract overleaf is referred to as “the Customer”
- The installation shall be completed in accordance with the Schedule.
- Payment of the sum of money specified in the Contract shall be made in accordance with the signed agreed payment schedule in paragraph 3 below. This will take account of the firm order, the supply of goods and the completion of the Contracted work. Payment should be made by BACS transfer or in special agreed circumstances by cheque. The Company reserves the right to charge interest at 6% over the current Barclays Bank rate on any balance outstanding after any date when payment should have been made. Where the customer is to obtain a private loan, of whatever nature, and from whatever source, the Customer shall make his own arrangements for the balance due to be paid by the due date.
- Payment of the sum of money specified in the Contract shall be made in accordance with the following conditions.
A – 25% of the agreed price shall be payable on signed confirmation of the Quote.
B – 25% of the agreed price shall be payable on the date of the initial installation.
C – The Balance of 50% shall be payable 30 days after the completion date and any snagging issues resolved.
- The Customer will give access to the premises to the Company, its servants and workmen, at all reasonable times so that the Company may complete the installation in accordance with the Contract. If the Company is unable to gain access, following prior arrangement with the Customer, as a result of any default on the Customer’s part the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for the cost of the abortive visit at a sum not exceeding £400.00.
- The goods ordered under this agreement are purpose made specifically for the Customers particular requirements and accordingly the customer has no right to terminate unless written authorisation is obtained from a Director of the Company.
- The Customer allows the Company free use of all the facilities and services supplied to the property for the purpose of carrying out the installation.
- All extra work to the Purchase agreement to be invoiced separately.
- The Company will not be liable for the cost of any delay and the Customer shall have no claim or recourse against the Company, where the delay is caused by the Customer or its third party suppliers, such as builders or Contractors.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to determine if they are entitled to any Grant’s, of whatever form or nature, the Company accepts no responsibility in this regard.
- The Customer shall be responsible for the safety and preservation of all materials left on-site on partly completed installations and shall be liable to the Company for any theft or accidental, malicious or negligent damage and the Customer should ensure that adequate insurance cover is in operation to cover any theft or loss.
- The ownership/title/property in the said goods and materials shall remain in the Company unless and until the full contractual price is paid by the Customer.
- The seller shall (without prejudice to any other rights) be entitled to repossess and/or resell the goods should payment in full not have been made (and for the purpose of repossessing the goods, the seller shall be at liberty to enter upon any land or building on or in which the goods are situated).
- The Company does not take any responsibility for the suitability of the premises in question in which the installation is to take place, in particular walls and floors, and it is the responsibility of the Customer to determine that the premises are suitable for the said installation, including removal and alteration of door heights for carpet installation.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel the Contract should they be unable to meet a delivery or installation date on reasonable grounds due to unforeseen circumstances or issues caused by the Customer or its third party suppliers/agents, builders or contractors and the Customer shall have no claim or recourse against the Company for any loss caused thereby.
- VAT will be charged at the rate appertaining on the day of installation which may result in a refund or additional charge if the rate is amended from the rate running at the Contract date.
- The price of the agreed written Quote is valid for 90 days from the date issued after which it may be subject to review at the Company’s discretion.
- Any concessional waiver granted by the Company at any time in respect of the terms hereof shall be without prejudice to the Company’s strict rights under the Contract and shall not prevent the exercise thereof.
- The Contract will be drawn up from the agreed Quote and signed by both parties.
- All correspondence must be to the Company’s address: Orchard Interiors, 1 Redmine Close, Newcastle, Staffordshire ST5 9HZ
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.